Pour Over Brewing Guide
The ritual of the pour over is like a meditation: There’s no machine in your way, no flashing green lights, no electric power cords. Just you and a few simple tools. The final cup is reminiscent of one from a drip coffeemaker, but noticeably more delicate and complex. Observe the bloom, experience the first trace of coffee-drunk steam, notice how the spiral of the pour alters the final cup. This simple experience gets you in tune with your coffee.
- Place filter in funnel and rinse with hot water
- Discard hot water
- Grind 26 grams of coffee (similar to sea salt)
- Pour coffee into dripper and level
- Tare scale and prepare hot water (205° F)
- Saturate grounds with hot water to let “bloom”
- Wait approximately 30 seconds
- Pour water in a slow, even spiral, pausing every 100 milliliters of water
- You should finish when you have reached 415 milliliters total
- Pour into mug and enjoy!